1.4
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jul 08

There was a miscommunication with my Bank.The Credit from GLS was processed on 6/26, but never posted to my account.

My bank never acknowledged the "GLS Credit", but did change the "Bank Credit" related to my dispute from Provisional to Permanent.I apologize for the error with this.

Original review posted by user Jul 07

I purchased an engine from them.I bought it through their website.

I was told it was 4-5 years old with less than 15 hours and in "like new" condition. Reality is quite different. Engine is 10 years Old (2007) 188.33 Hours More than 900 Starts since new 2 Fault Codes Code 0217 - Engine Coolant Temperature higher than expected - Stage 2, 59 Starts since last occurrence. Code 1111 - RPM Above fuel rev limit level, 2 starts since last occurrence.

Internal corrosion present. They did allow me to return the engine. They received it 6/23. On 6/26 they told me they processed the refund.

As of 7/7 they still have not actually refunded my money. I work for an eCommerce company and understand that sometimes customers can leave bad reviews for little to no reason. I overlooked the bad reviews and decided to give Great Lakes Skipper a chance. My mistake.

They are liars.Don't believe anything they tell you...

Review about: Engine.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Gene.

I didn't like: Todd, Beth, Heather.

Had an Experience with Great Lakes Skipper?

Comments

Racine, Wisconsin, United States #1348028

Our diagnostic test that was run did give an incorrect hour count, but it was made clear that full engine specifics were not available prior to purchase.The customer was given the engine serial number and all information that we had available pertaining to this particular engine.

When there was a discrepancy, Great Lakes Skipper paid to have the engine returned and the refund was issued the very next day after the item was returned to our facility. Refund information was then sent to the customer's bank the following day on June 27th.

The customer has not followed up on their end with the bank to see what the status of the refund is. They have been provided a transaction number to reference from the bank.

We are a family owned company and we stand behind our products 100%.

We would never lie to our customers or knowingly mislead them on our product, a refund, or our business practice in general.

- Great Lakes Skipper